1. Basic Premise
Cross-Ministerial Strategic Innovation Promotion Program (SIP) Automated Driving System, the Council for Science, Technology and Innovation, the Cabinet Office (hereinafter referred to as "the SIP Automated Driving System") collects information on users of this website to the extent necessary for the smooth operation of the services provided on the website (such as the provision of various information). Information collected will be handled appropriately within the scope of the purposes of use.
2. Scope of Information Collection
(1) The website automatically collects and stores Internet domain names, IP addresses, information on queries about search within the website and information about access to the website and so on. Cookies (information transmitted from the server to the use's browser and stored on the user's computer in order for the server to identify users) are used for the purpose of improving the usability of the website and do not contain personal information. Users may also set their browsers not to receive cookies at any time.
(2) When it is necessary in light of the nature of matters, such as an application for participation in an event, the website may ask users to enter their names, addresses, e-mail addresses and so on.
3. Purposes of Use
(1) The information collected in 2. (1) will be used as a reference for the smooth operation of the service provided by the website.
(3) Information collected in 2. (2) will be used only when it is necessary for the smooth implementation of the event and so on.
4. Limitations on Use and Provision
(1) Except in cases of legal disclosure requests, cases of illegal access, threats and other unlawful acts or other special reasons, the SIP Automated Driving System will not use information collected for any purposes other than the specified purposes of use or provide it any third party.
(2) When personal information is used, the SIP Automated Driving System will use it within the scope of the purposes of use of the personal information with the strong recognition of the importance of personal information protection.
Furthermore, when the processing of the whole or part of personal information held by the SIP Automated Driving System is outsourced to a third party, the SIP Automated Driving System will pay due heed to the selection of an outsorucee and strive for supervision necessary to have the outsourcee appropriately manage the personal information in the same manner as the Cabinet Office, which has jurisdiction over the SIP Automated Driving System.
5. Measures to Ensure Security
The SIP Automated Driving System is taking the measures necessary for the appropriate management of acquired information to prevent any leakage, loss or destruction of acquired information.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
The website does not collect names, addresses, e-mail addresses or other personally identifiable information other than information provided by users in application forms for participation in events and so forth.
For requests for disclosure of users' own personal information, please contact a department that manages the relevant information or website.
7. Scope of Application